Federal Employer Tax Identification Number (EIN) Online
Your EIN or Employer Identification Number is used by the IRS to identify you as a tax paying business entity, and many people think of an EIN as their business social security number. Like a social security number, an EIN is a unique nine-digit number assigned by the Internal Revenue Service to business entities (and in some cases individuals) operating in the United States for the purposes of identification.
In most cases, you need an EIN under any of the following circumstances:
- Your business is new
- You need to pay business taxes
- You have one or more employees
- You want to start a line of business credit
- You plan to open a business bank account
- You form an LLC, Corporation, or Partnership
If any of the circumstances above describe your business, we can handle the appropriate business filing required by the IRS on your behalf.
Follow steps 1-3 below to get your Employer Identification Number (EIN):
- Click the "Get Your Tax ID Now" button below.
- Fill out the application, enter your credit card information and submit the form.
- You will receive an email and a PDF attachment from the IRS with your new EIN.