Frequently Asked Questions

An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, and is used to identify a business entity. Generally, businesses need an EIN. Employer identification numbers are issued for the purpose of tax administration and are not intended for participation in any other activities (e.g., tax lien auction or sales, lotteries, etc.)

Due to a high volume of requests for EINs, the IRS will begin limiting the number of EINs assigned per day to a responsible party. Effective April 11, 2011, a responsible party was limited by the IRS to five (5) EINs in one business day. This limit is in effect whether you apply online, by phone, fax or mail.

We cannot process your application online if the responsible party is an entity with an EIN previously obtained through the internet.

You will need an EIN if you answer "Yes" to any of the following questions.

  • Do you have employees?
  • Do you operate your business as a corporation or partnership?
  • Do you file any of these tax returns: Employment, Excise, or Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms?
  • Do you withhold taxes on income, other than wages, paid to a non-resident alien?
  • Do you have a Keogh plan?
  • Are you involved with any of the following types of organizations?
  • Estates

Are you involved with any of the following types of organizations?

  • Trusts, except certain grantor-owned revocable trusts, IRAs, Exempt Organization Business Income Tax Returns
  • Estates
  • Real estate mortgage investment conduits
  • Non-profit organizations
  • Farmers' cooperatives
  • Plan administrators

We offer a Rush Delivery in which one of our agents will obtain your EIN from the IRS on your behalf in 1-4 business days (in as little as 60 mins in some instances). Our other option is Standard Delivery which takes 1-2 business days.

Our Standard Delivery option is $247.00 and our Rush Delivery option is $297.00.

You can visit our Contact Us page and complete the form. You can e-mail us direct at or you can call us direct at (903) 232-1110.

Monday thru Friday 9am-5pm CST. We are closed on all major holidays and weekends. We still accept new online orders outside of our hours of operation.

Absolutely yes! We take every measure possible to protect our client's sensitive information from prying eyes. For more information visit our Security Practices page.

A Tax ID Number and an EIN are one in the same. An EIN is an Employer Identification Number. A TIN is a Tax Identification Number. A FEIN is a Federal Employer Identification Number. These are just alternate names for a Federal Tax ID.

To start, complete our 1-page online application. Once you've completed your application one of our agents will get started on retrieving your new Tax ID Number from the IRS. Our online application can be filled out in under 5-mins.

Anyone needing to file for an EIN Number. The only restrictions are:

  • The primary address must be in the United States, and
  • The owner, principal officer, trustor, grantor, etc. must have a valid Taxpayer ID Number (Social Security Number, Individual Taxpayer ID Number, or Federal Tax ID) to enter on the form.

Understanding your Tax ID Number

A Tax ID Number is also known as an Employer Identification Number (EIN). A EIN is a nine (9) digit number formatted like 45-8752451.

You can apply for a free Tax ID Number by visiting the official IRS web site and completing Form SS-4. If you're looking for assistance with filing your SS4 application you're in luck because we can help. We act as your third party designee and can obtain your new EIN Number from the IRS in a timely manner on your behalf.

Read below for the answers to our most frequently asked questions. If after reading through our FAQs and you still have unanswered questions we encourage you to contact us.